Dowans owner in Dar
THE owner of majority shares in the Dowans Holding SA and Dowans Tanzania Ltd, Brigadier General (rtd) Sulaiman Mohammed Yahya Al-Adawi, flew from Oman (where he resides) to Dar es Salaam Tanzania for an emergency meeting with the media and the government concerning his multimillion power project currently involved in political and legal controversies. He met selected media at Kilimanjaro Kempinski hotel, and issued a statement (see attached slides)
1. “I am here to find a happy resolution, a business decision. I am ready to offer something nice to Tanesco if it works out.”
2. “I don’t want to be known. I am a low-profile businessman. I walk free here i…n Dar es Salaam, and no one knows I own Dowans.”
3. “Rostam Azizi is a friend of mine. He invited me to come and invest here, but he didn’t put in any cent in the project.”
4. “I have businesses in 12 countries allover the world. I can’t go and represent myself in every country. That’s why I gave Rostam power of attorney.”
5. “We have not been tarnished, but we have been mixed up with something else (Richmond)”
6. “I do not need to be cleared by anyone; my electricity here will clear me.”Tazama Zaidi
No comments yet.
- Dowans owner in Dar
- President Kikwete collapses again in public
- All heroes are dead? Excuse me!
- Dr Slaa turns phenomenal
- Who is next for coalition after Zanzibar?
- Collapsing coalition governments
- Someone seeking to kill us on the job
- Why should heads of state collapse in public?
- Tanzania’s oppostion party tries e-politics
- Zanzibar politics: You win, we rule
- Power-sharing regimes: Who wants them?
- Polygamy: A fact of life?
- My Kiswahili Blog
- Famous Classical African Beats (Zilipendwa)
- Ngurumo at Helium
- Mandatory HIV tests before marriage
- Dunces Shall Lead Them
- Sydney AIDS Conference blog for Scidev
- How we blogged the International AIDS Conference in Sydney
- Interviewed on Blogging
- On Information Society
- Reporting WSIS with Panos
- My Poem on Love
- Useful Scholarships
- Condom debate winners, losers
- Coalition governments: Africa's bleak future?
- Let\’s Face It
- Global Dashboard